Billy Joe Gregg Jr., today pleaded guilty to six charges of animal cruelty after he was shown on video maliciously harming cows and calves at Conklin Dairy Farms in Ohio. He was sentenced to eight months in jail, ordered to pay $1000.00 fine and is banned from having contact with animals for three years. He will also receive counseling specifically designed for those who are charged in animal cruelty cases.
The undercover investigation by Mercy for Animals (MFA), showed farm workers;
- Violently punching young calves in the face, body slamming them to the ground, and pulling and throwing them by their ears.
- Routinely using pitchforks to stab cows in the face, legs and stomach
- Kicking "downed" cows (those too injured to stand) in the face and neck - abuse carried out and encouraged by the farm's owner
- Maliciously beating restrained cows in the face with crowbars - some attacks involving over 40 blows to the head
- Twisting cows' tails until the bones snapped
- Punching cows' udders
- Bragging about stabbing, dragging, shooting, breaking bones, and beating cows and calves to death